What is Acrylic carpet/acrylic rug?
Acrylic is polyacrylonitrile fiber (Polyacrylonitrile fiber; Polyacrylic) of the Chinese trade name, foreign trade name for the olive, synthetic fiber is one of the important varieties, second only to polyester and nylon production. It is a synthetic fiber spun from more than 85% acrylonitrile and other second, third monomer copolymerized polymer. If the acrylonitrile content of 35% to 85%, while the second monomer content of 15% to 65%, this copolymer is called modified polyacrylonitrile fiber. DuPont and the German company Bayer’s chemists in 1941 and 1942 were invented acrylonitrile solvent, a few years later to solve the acrylonitrile spinning process. In 1953, the United States DuPont to achieve the commercialization of acrylic (Aaron), in 1954 Germany also introduced a new product of acrylic (DeLailun), in 1956, the French Rhodia Yaxi tower will be successful development of the market, the same year British Kotuozi company began to produce called “Cottle” (Courtelle) acrylic products, from the acrylic fiber as a textile raw materials have been widely used. In 2000 the world’s annual output of 2.676 million tons of acrylic, of which China is – 488,000 tons.
(A) the macromolecule structure of acrylic acrylic chain of macromolecules in the connection of acrylonitrile units are mainly connected to the first and a C three N-linked carbon atoms separated by a CH. base. The backbone of the acrylonitrile homopolymer macromolecule is the same as the main chain of the polyethylene macromolecule chain and consists of a carbon-carbon chain. However, there are some differences in the carbon-carbon chain structure. Since the atomic arrangement tends to stabilize in the lower energy state, the bond between the carbon-carbon bonds of the polyethylene main chain is maintained at a certain bond angle (109.28 ‘ The chain is usually planar zigzag, the carbon atom spacing (equivalent period) repeating along the molecular chain is 0.254 nm
(B) the physical and chemical properties of acrylic The main form of acrylic products for the short fiber, because of some of its performance and appearance and wool similar, so there are ” synthetic wool, and the reputation.
l. Strength of the strength of the acrylic 17.6 —- 30.8cn / tex. Fracture strength than the wool 1 – 2.5 times ≥ in the wet state of the reason why the reduction is due to the third component of the copolymer containing hydrophilic Sexual groups, fiber in the water a certain degree of swelling, so that the macromolecule asked by the weakening of the force. There are many factors that affect the strength of the fiber, such as the composition and content of the copolymer, the molecular weight and its distribution, the supramolecular structure and morphological structure of the fiber.
2. Relative density Acrylic relative density of 1.16 to 1.18, lighter than wool. As the sunny light, the volume fluffy, can accommodate a lot of air, and thus warm and good.
3. Hygroscopic Acrylic hygroscopicity is poor and is medium in synthetic fibers. At 20 ℃, relative humidity of 65% when the moisture absorption rate of only 1.0% to 2.5%, therefore, it is not afraid of water and water after the deformation of the advantages of hair can always keep, continuous washing can still be flat The The moisture regain of the acrylic is related to the type and amount of the second and third monomers, and is related to the forming and post-treatment process of the fiber and the structure of the fiber. For example, the moisture absorption of the acrylic ATF 1017 produced in Germany is almost comparable to that of cotton.
4. Heat-resistant acrylic heat treatment at about 150 ℃, the mechanical properties of the fiber little change. If the acrylic in the air heated to 125 ℃, and maintain 32d, the strength can remain basically unchanged. The softening adhesion temperature is 200 ° C (about 180 ° C to 200 ° C), and the heat resistance of the fiber decreases with the increase of the number of the second and third monomers.
5. Lightfastness and weatherability The light resistance and weatherability of acrylic are the best in all kinds of textile fibers (except fluorine fibers). If the brightness is only 20% after sun exposure and atmospheric action for one year (The remaining majority of the fiber loss of the original strength of 90% to 95%). The reason is the presence of cyano groups on macromolecules. Because the carbon and nitrogen atoms in the cyano group are triple bond, one is the a bond and the two are not bonds, which absorb the photons with higher energy (UV) and convert it into heat Protect the main key, to avoid the degradation of macromolecules.
6. Dyeing In general, homopolymer polyacrylonitrile fibers are difficult to dye, and in order to improve their dyeing properties, a certain amount of a third monomer with a pro-dye group is commonly copolymerized with acrylonitrile to enhance the polymer pair Dye the binding force, so that fiber easier to dye. In order to improve the light fastness after fiber dyeing, a compound obtained by using a compound containing a sulfonic acid group as a third monomer, particularly a compound having a sulfonic acid group bonded to benzene, is used as a third monomer, High color fastness and good thermal stability. After dyeing, it is more bright than wool. Generally used acid (or media) and cationic dyes.
7. Chemical stability Acrylic has a high chemical stability, in acid, oxidants or organic solvents is extremely stable. When the temperature is 25 ℃, in the concentration of 60% sulfuric acid solution for 1536h (24 days and nights), no obvious damage to the acrylic effect, but with the increase in sulfuric acid solution concentration and processing time, the loss of acrylic strength Will increase. Because polyacrylonitrile macromolecules contain highly polar cyano groups, there is a strong dipole force between molecules. Therefore, if the solvent is to be removed, the dipole molecules must have strong polarity, so the acrylic is usually insoluble In alcohol, ether, ester, ketone and oil and other commonly used solvents. Acrylic alkali resistance is poor, with dilute alkali or ammonia treatment, into a yellowish brown to alkali treatment, it is destroyed. As the acrylic macromolecules contain cyano, so acrylic and modified acrylic has excellent resistance to mildew, resistant to the characteristics of the air, soil, fresh water and water in the mold, are generally resistant. Such as the sun buried in the tropical climate (31 ℃, relative humidity 97%) of the soil, after 6 months did not find traces of injury. Acrylic generally do not occur the phenomenon of insects.